Studies have shown that working with your hands in dirt is good for your health. As a gardener myself I could not agree more, especially when it comes to my mental health. While it appears that getting down in the dirt is good for your overall health it is still rough on your skin. Dirt can stain and dry out your hands. In order to avoid this I am outlining the best skin care products for gardeners, so you can enjoy your time in the dirt and take care of your hands at same time!
Skin Care Products for Gardeners
- Coffee Goat Milk Soap – Dirt stains your skin and it can be incredibly hard to get the stain all the way out, especially if you are spending hours gardening. This soap is an outstanding exfoliant and is amazing at removing dirt stains. It is also a great scent neutralizer if you are working with garlic and onions.
- Nail Brush – There are few tools better for getting the dirt off your hands than our nail brush. The top of the brush is adorned with stiff angled bristles that are perfect for getting dirt out from under your nails. The set of bristles on the underside of the brush are used for cleaning and exfoliating your hands.
- Lemongrass Green Tea Goat Milk Soap – Bugs are a fact of life in the garden but most bug sprays are full of harmful chemicals. Take a natural step to avoid bugs by showering with our Lemongrass Green Tea Soap. During the summer months you can also use our Summer Essential Oil Roller to keep pests away naturally.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil Roller – If you are spending time in the garden you are also going to run into bugs or plants that irritate your skin. Our Tea Tree Essential Oil Roller can help relieve the itching. We use this roller in our house all the time!
- Tea Tree Goat Milk Soap – Washing your hands in our Tea Tree Goat Milk Soap as soon as you come inside is a great way to avoid itchy skin later. Our Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap is also good for soothing irritated skin as well.
- Goat Milk Lotion – Dry dirt will actually pull the moisture from your hands, leaving your hands cracked and dry. Add some moisture back into your skin with our goat milk lotion.
Gardeners, go pick up these skincare products to take care of your skin, so you can continue enjoying your time in the dirt!